Saturday, December 26, 2015

when my wife died suddenly. My wife and I were best friends, and we had been married almost 24 years. A few days after her death, I was by myself for the first time, and the grief became unbearable for me. I was in distress. In that painful moment, God put the words of Jesus into my mind. I remembered a verse (John 14:16), when Jesus was beginning to tell his disciples that he was not going to be with them much longer. Jesus said that after he left he would send the comforter, the Holy Spirit, to be with them. I yelled out in a loud voice "God I need your comforter" and I collapsed and had a good hard cry. After my desperate prayer, God did give me peace, a peace that has been a miracle for me. A wonderful answer to my prayer! I did not realize that I was remembering the King James Version, which talks about the "comforter" in John 14:16, John 14:26, John 15:26 and John 16:7. I almost always use a NIV Bible, and it uses the word "advocate" in those verses to describe the Holy Spirit.--AH

No comments:

Post a Comment